Vietnam (Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World)
- Digital Object Type
- PRIMEDIA Enthusiast Group
- Physical Location
- Item is Copyrighted - It is not available outside the VNCA building
- Vietnam Center Collection
- Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World
- [Varies], Virginia
- United States
- General Note
- 1988- / Bimonthly numbering: June-1 ; August-2 ; October-3 ; December-4 ; February-5 ; April-6 / Publisher Varies: Empire, Primedia Enthusiast, Cowles, Weider, HistoryNet-World / Quarterly Summer 1988-Summer 1989
- Existence: June 2003
General Note / OCR
12 Fighting Forces: Mike Yalango and his dog Sarge served together in the 101 st Airborne Division's 47th Scout Dog Platoon. Only one of them came home.
16 Personality: Corporal Thomas W. Bennett, an Army medic and conscientious objector, repeatedly risked his life to save his fellow soldiers aft his platoon was caught in an ambush.
18 Magpie Down: On March 14,1971, a Canberra, call sign ' Magpie,' was the second Australian bomber shot down in Vietnam.
26 A CIA Officer in Saigon: In 1973 the CIA's presence in Vietnam was its largest in the world outside of Langley, VA. An officer who was stationed in Saigon recounts how the post kept going until the very fall of South Vietnam.
34 Battle for Hill 310: a first-person account of the 3rd Battalion, 5th Marines and 1st Battalion, 7th Marines' fierce battle with the NVA near Da Nang in August 1968.
42 Laos' tainted Commandos: The Directorate of National Coordination played a key role in the struggle for Laos during the political turmoil of the early 1960's.
50 Reviews: a New book about the Khe Sanh gives the reader both a command-level and a ground-level view.
58 Perspectives: The Vietnam Era Educational Center of Holmdel, N.J., is the United States' first museum dedicated entirely to the Vietnam war and its times.
64 Vietnam Marketplace
66 Vietnam Events
Language of Materials
- Pub Credit Line
- 999Serial150818, Vietnam Center Collection, The Vietnam Center and Archive, Texas Tech University
- Added: 12 Nov 2003 [Updated: 12 Nov 2003]