Vietnam (Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World)
- Digital Object Type
- Physical Location
- Item is Copyrighted - It is not available outside the VNCA building
- Vietnam Center Collection
- Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World
- [Varies], Virginia
- United States
- General Note
- 1988- / Bimonthly numbering: June-1 ; August-2 ; October-3 ; December-4 ; February-5 ; April-6 / Publisher Varies: Empire, Primedia Enthusiast, Cowles, Weider, HistoryNet-World / Quarterly Summer 1988-Summer 1989
- Existence: February 2004
General Note / OCR
16 Arsenal: The Viet Minh and later the Viet Cong Used the soviet-designed PPSh-41 submachine gun against the French and the Americans.
18 The Army's Brown Water Navy: Louis Voyer Started his U.S. Army Career driving VIP'S in Italy, but by 1970 he was piloting landing craft through the Mekong Delta.
26 Battleground Saigon: During the Tet Offensive in 1968, the 7th Infantry Regiment fought a WWII- style urban battle in the South Vietnamese capital.
34 Tet Attack at Cam Lo: In the fierce Tet battle for the Cam Lo district headquarters near the DMZ the defending Marines mowed down NVA attackers in the wire.
42 Mail Call: Before e-mail and cell phones were available, old fashioned mail was a GI's only tenuous link with home.
50 Reviews A fresh look at the controversy surrounding Bob Kerrey at Thanh Phong.
56 Personality: PX manager John Boyd was one of America's many Civilian Vietnam Veterans.
58 Perspectives: A trip to Vietnam altered a former protester's view of those who fought the war.
- Pub Credit Line
- 999Serial156057, Vietnam Center Collection, The Vietnam Center and Archive, Texas Tech University
- Added: 19 Dec 2003 [Updated: 19 Aug 2005]