Vietnam (Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World)
- Digital Object Type
- PRIMEDIA Enthusiast Group
- Item is Copyrighted - It is not available outside the VNCA building
- Richard Burks Verrone Collection
- Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World
- [Varies], Virginia
- United States
- General Note
- 1988- / Bimonthly numbering: June-1 ; August-2 ; October-3 ; December-4 ; February-5 ; April-6 / Publisher Varies: Empire, Primedia Enthusiast, Cowles, Weider, HistoryNet-World / Quarterly Summer 1988-Summer 1989
- Existence: February 2005
General Note / OCR
The Plight of 'Elephant': Laotian Army Battalion BV-33, patrolling with American Special Forces, encountered NVA tanks heading for the Tet 1968 attack on Khe Sanh.
A Grievous Miscalculation in the Year of the Monkey: During the 1968 Tet Offensive, America suffered a catastrophic defeat - but only on the evening news.
The Taylor Mission to Vietnam: President John F. Kennedy's tentative response to the report by General Maxwell Taylor had unintended consequences for the course of the war.
Arsenal: The M-203 grenade launcher gave its user the combined firepower of a rifle and a grenade launcher.
Personality: Even a former draftee knows he owes a debt of gratitude to 'lifers' like 1st Sergeant William E. McManus.
Fighting Forces: The 326th Medical Battalion's Air Ambulance Platoon flew mission after dustoff mission to extract the wounded from FSB Ripcord.
Reviews: According to Henry Kissinger, the decades since the end of the Vietnam War have not eased America's internal divisions, but set them in concrete.
Perspectives: Sometimes in combat the adrenaline in your body goes wild and your brain is too slow to react.
- Pub Credit Line
- 1350Serial274105, Richard Burks Verrone Collection, The Vietnam Center and Archive, Texas Tech University
- Added: 13 Jul 2005 [Updated: 13 Jul 2005]