Vietnam (Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World)
- Digital Object Type
- Empire Press
- Item is Copyrighted - It is not available outside the VNCA building
- Gary Noller Collection
- Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World
- [Varies], Virginia
- United States
- General Note
- 1988- / Bimonthly numbering: June-1 ; August-2 ; October-3 ; December-4 ; February-5 ; April-6 / Publisher Varies: Empire, Primedia Enthusiast, Cowles, Weider, HistoryNet-World / Quarterly Summer 1988-Summer 1989
- Existence: June 1994
General Note / OCR
10 Personality: Lieutenant Nguyen Thanh Liem was neither famous nor high in rank. He was merely a true leader and patriot.
14 Fighting Forces: During its four-plus years in Vietnam, the Royal Australian Air Force's No. 2 Squadron flew almost 12,000 bombing sorties.
54 Book Reviews: A dedicated group of Vietnam veterans rebuilt an armored forces in ruins after 1975- and led it to victory in the Persian Gulf.
62 Perspectives: Some of the Jewish soldiers in Vietnam thought how nice it would be to win a war in six days.
22 The Doctor of Dien Bien Phu: The horrors of war did not diminish Paul Grauwin's love for humanity and his driving passion to help people in pain.
30 White Tai Death March: The tragedy that befell the White Tai highlanders prior to the Battle of Dien Bien Phu was a prelude to disaster.
38 Military Opposition to the War: 'I don't think the whole of Southeast Asia...is worth the life and limb of a single America,' the retired Marine general said in a 1967 interview.
46 Dien Bien Phu Reconsidered: Forty years later new evidence reveals why the battle was actually fought and who were its real winners and losers.
- Pub Credit Line
- 1452Serial216325, Gary Noller Collection, The Vietnam Center and Archive, Texas Tech University
- Added: 15 Nov 2004 [Updated: 15 Nov 2004]