Vietnam (Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World)
- Digital Object Type
- Cowles History Group
- Item is Copyrighted - It is not available outside the VNCA building
- Gary Noller Collection
- Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World
- [Varies], Virginia
- United States
- General Note
- 1988- / Bimonthly numbering: June-1 ; August-2 ; October-3 ; December-4 ; February-5 ; April-6 / Publisher Varies: Empire, Primedia Enthusiast, Cowles, Weider, HistoryNet-World / Quarterly Summer 1988-Summer 1989
- Existence: April 1996
General Note / OCR
10 Arsenal: Designated for WWII service, the propeller-driven 'Spad' was a lifesaver for ground soldiers and downed pilots.
12 Fighting Forces: The Rolling Thunder strategic air campaign was intended to break North Vietna's back.
50 Reviews: Conceived during his convalescent leave in 1965 and revised several times, Jim Morris's War Story has become a Vietnam War classic.
58 Perspectives: A WWII naval officer turned professor found the attitudes of his Vietnam vet students to be similar to his own.
18 Hanoi Hannah Speaks Again: She called herself Thu Houng, 'Fragrance of Autumn,' but as an announcer for Radio Hanoi her job was to chill and frighten, not to charm and seduce.
26 Taking Aim at the B-52s: American B-52 bombers were protected by a wall of electronic jamming. A North Vietnamese general tells how his surface-to-air missiles finally broke through.
34 The War Makers: While the military is responsible for fighting a war, its civilian superiors not only wage war but also determine how it will be fought.
42 Assessing the War's Costs: By any standard the Vietnam War was one of the costliest in the history of the United States, and it cost more than lives and money.
- Pub Credit Line
- 1452Serial216339, Gary Noller Collection, The Vietnam Center and Archive, Texas Tech University
- Added: 15 Nov 2004 [Updated: 15 Nov 2004]