Vietnam (Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World)
- Digital Object Type
- Primedia Special Interest Publications
- Item is Copyrighted - It is not available outside the VNCA building
- Gary Noller Collection
- Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World
- [Varies], Virginia
- United States
- General Note
- 1988- / Bimonthly numbering: June-1 ; August-2 ; October-3 ; December-4 ; February-5 ; April-6 / Publisher Varies: Empire, Primedia Enthusiast, Cowles, Weider, HistoryNet-World / Quarterly Summer 1988-Summer 1989
- Existence: February 2000
General Note / OCR
30 In Order to Die: The outnumbered French Legionnaires were determined to hold the Tuyen Quang fort in the face of hard-fighting Chinese Black Flag attackers.
38 VC Assault on the U.S. Embassy: An American reporter witnessed the Tet Offensive attack on the embassy in Saigon- and experienced firsthand the strain between the press and the military.
48 Chargin' Charlie at Bien Hoa: Lieutenant Colonel Charles A. Beckwith's leadership may have helped to turn the tide for the 101st Airborne Division at Bien Hoa during the Tet Offensive.
10 Arsenal: V-100 Commando armored cars rode with supply convoys and patrolled air base perimeters throughout South Vietnam.
12 Personality: For a civilian logistics specialist working at Long Binh, the harsh realities of war were difficult to accept.
16 Fighting Forces: A member of the 219th Military Intelligence Detachment had his baptism of fire during the Tet Offensive.
54 Reviews: For Mike Novosel, being too short for the U.S. Army Air Corps in 1941 and too old to fly helicopters in Vietnam were minor obstacles.
62 Perspectives: Rear-echelon personnel stationed at Bien Hoa came under enemy fire when the VC opened up with a rocket and mortar barrage.
- Pub Credit Line
- 1452Serial216375, Gary Noller Collection, The Vietnam Center and Archive, Texas Tech University
- Added: 15 Nov 2004 [Updated: 15 Nov 2004]