Vietnam (Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World)
- Digital Object Type
- Primedia Enthusiast Group
- Item is Copyrighted - It is not available outside the VNCA building
- Gary Noller Collection
- Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World
- [Varies], Virginia
- United States
- General Note
- 1988- / Bimonthly numbering: June-1 ; August-2 ; October-3 ; December-4 ; February-5 ; April-6 / Publisher Varies: Empire, Primedia Enthusiast, Cowles, Weider, HistoryNet-World / Quarterly Summer 1988-Summer 1989
- Existence: October 2001
General Note / OCR
26 Da Nang Seabee Base Destroyed: A runaway grass fire near Dan Nang touched off a series of explosions at an ammunition supply point, nearly obliterating all of Camp Hoover's 146 buildings.
34 Combat Tracker Teams: Dogging An Elusive Enemy: Trained by New Zealand's elite Special Air Services, Combat Tracker Teams were intended to give American units a decisive edge over VC in the jungle.
44 'You Never Know Until You Try': Marine Lance Corporal Roy Wheat, a Mississippian who earned the Medal of Honor in Vietnam, was a common soldier but an uncommon man.
12 Personality: F-4 Phantom 'Gunfighter' Major Frederick W. Hess, Jr., was lost on a defoliation mission over the Ho Chi Minh Trail.
14 Fighting Forces: In the summer of 1967, Marines staged an 'American fire drill' in Thua Thien province.
16 Arsenal: The Soviet-designed RPD was the NVA's principal counterpart to the American M-60 squad machine gun during the Vietnam War.
50 Reviews: New research lends more weight to the argument that the First and Second Indochina wars were really part of the same campaign by Ho Chi Minh.
58 Perspectives: War Zone C's Black Virgin Mountain contains an unsolved mystery.
- Pub Credit Line
- 1452Serial216429, Gary Noller Collection, The Vietnam Center and Archive, Texas Tech University
- Added: 15 Nov 2004 [Updated: 15 Nov 2004]