Vietnam (Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World)
- Digital Object Type
- Primedia Enthusiast Group
- Item is Copyrighted - It is not available outside the VNCA building
- Gary Noller Collection
- Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World
- [Varies], Virginia
- United States
- General Note
- 1988- / Bimonthly numbering: June-1 ; August-2 ; October-3 ; December-4 ; February-5 ; April-6 / Publisher Varies: Empire, Primedia Enthusiast, Cowles, Weider, HistoryNet-World / Quarterly Summer 1988-Summer 1989
- Existence: December 2001
General Note / OCR
26 Vanguards in the Rung Sat: Operation Lexington III took the war deep into the Rung Sat, whose mangrove swamps and perilous creeks helped make it one of the VC's safest sanctuaries.
34 Illuminating the Battlefield: The eerie, drifting yellow glow that flareships cast into the night sky was a familiar sight to troops in many areas of South Vietnam.
42 Sapper Attack at Cam Ranh Bay: No place in South Vietnam, not even the huge base at Cam Ranh Bay, was secure from surprise attack by the elite sappers.
12 Personality: POW Ed Davis brought home more than memories from his six years of imprisonment in North Vietnam.
14 Arsenal: Electronic intelligence (ELINT) helped outfox the radar of the deadly Soviet-made SA-2 SAM.
16 Fighting Forces: The South Vietnamese River Assault Groups and their American advisers kept the waterways of the Mekong Delta secure.
50 Reviews: An unusual little book first published in 1989 has been reissued and can be found on the shelves of thousands of libraries throughout the country.
58 Perspectives: A member of Vietnam's Editorial Advisory Board closely examines the recent accusations about former Senator Robert Kerrey.
- Pub Credit Line
- 1452Serial216430, Gary Noller Collection, The Vietnam Center and Archive, Texas Tech University
- Added: 15 Nov 2004 [Updated: 15 Nov 2004]