Vietnam (Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World)
- Digital Object Type
- Item is Copyrighted - It is not available outside the VNCA building
- Gary Noller Collection
- Varies: Empire ; Primedia ; Cowles ; Weider ; HistoryNet-World
- [Varies], Virginia
- United States
- General Note
- 1988- / Bimonthly numbering: June-1 ; August-2 ; October-3 ; December-4 ; February-5 ; April-6 / Publisher Varies: Empire, Primedia Enthusiast, Cowles, Weider, HistoryNet-World / Quarterly Summer 1988-Summer 1989
- Existence: June 2004
General Note / OCR
14 Personality: Thanks to the compassion and determination of one Australian soldier, a little girl disfigured by the war got a second chance at life.
16 Arsenal: The armed version of the Grumman OV-1 Mohawk surveillance plane was called ' Whispering Death ' by the Viet Cong.
18 Ambushed in the Iron Triangle: In October 1965, the 1st Battalion, 18th Regiment of the 1st Infantry Division, the 'Big Red One,' got into what at the time was the biggest firefight of the war. The battle of the Ia Drang Valley was still more than a month away.
26 Prisoner in North Vietnam: Brought down by a faulty fuze on his wingman's bomb, Tom Moe survived more than five years as a POW in North Vietnam.
34 30 Years After: Legacy of the Vietnam War- To understand America's war in Vietnam, one must put it in the context of Vietnam's long past- and what has occurred since.
42 The M-113 APC's Long and Winding Road- Little more than an aluminum box on treads, the M-113 armored personnel carrier was a rolling home and arsenal for its creative-minded crewmen.
- Pub Credit Line
- 1452Serial216457, Gary Noller Collection, The Vietnam Center and Archive, Texas Tech University
- Added: 15 Nov 2004 [Updated: 19 Aug 2005]